Student Unions and Organizations
LSMU Student Union is a non-profit organization that focuses on representing all students with their academic and quality of education related issues as well as creating an environment in which every student feels heard and receives all the necessary information.
The mission of LSMU Student Union is to unite and represent all students and according to their needs make positive changes in the university life.
There are 6 committees:
- Academic Affairs Committee: takes care of education quality as well as study process improvement and organization.
- Event Committee: organizes traditional, targeted events and enables students to realize their ideas. This committee works closely with other LSMU organizations and arranges students’ free time.
- Information and Public Relations Committee: responsible for the coordination of information inside LSMU SA and its exchanges with other organizations, LSMU structures as well as society.
- International Committee: it is a place where both Lithuanian and international students come together to solve problems related to international students’ study quality. This committee operates under the Committee Regulations approved by LSMU SA Council and coordinates work with other SA committees.
- Marketing and Projects Committee: responsible for finding and obtaining additional resources for SA activities as well as partner search and project writing, delivery and implementation.
- Social Affairs Committee: provides information on the Lithuanian Student Identity Card(LSIC), scholarships, loans and other payments. The Committee also takes part in the assignment of places to live in students’ dormitories.
COME AND BE HEARD!
Address: A. Mickevičiaus g. 9
Tel.: (8 37) 327 214
Office Work hours:
Monday, Thursday 16:00 – 18:00
Wednesday 12:00 – 14:00
ESN’s mission is to represent international students, thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.
ESN Lithuania is a non-governmental organisation officially established under the name "Erasmus Studentų Tinklas ESN Lietuva". It's a part of the biggest student association in Europe called Erasmus Student Network which is present in more than 480 Higher Education Institutions in 37 Countries.
Our goals are:
to create the environment for personal improvement based on the principle "students helping students";
improve the social and cultural integration of international students;
promote students' mobility and its accessibility;
help students' reintegration into community after their studies abroad;
promote voluntary activities and active public spirit.
Who are we for?
The students who are returning from exchange are being supported in reintegration process in their home countries by keeping contact with an international environment. Many local sections are set up by former exchange students, often because they have had good experiences from their exchange period or because they felt a lack of help during their exchange. They also understand better the issues and challenges in a foreign environment.
However, the main focus of ESN is placed on current exchange students, who often face problems (and feel abandoned) in their new environments. Therefore, ESN offers help in academic, social and practical integration process. This is mainly done through activities in the local sections, which include cultural and social events such as trips to various places within the country, film nights, language projects, international food festivals and last, but not least, parties. In addition to that, many sections have introduced mentor systems, which help the international students mainly in academic and practical integration.
ESN also provides relevant information and encourages the future exchange students to gain the international experience and gain relevant insight to different cultures.
Description of the Section:
ESN LSMU is considered to be one of the biggest sections in Kaunas, it being the 15th Section of ESN Lithuania with maximum involvement of international students and local students, taking care of more than 679 international students annually. As the number of Erasmus students is increasing so does the number of the active members of the Buddy system who are inevitable part of ESN mentoring team. Thus, we can guarantee more focused and personal approach towards each of them and at the same time it will allow us to participate in more challenging projects in the future. Each semester the section helps the incoming students after their arrival and in the cooperation with other sections in Kaunas it organizes trips, events and many other interesting activities which make the stay of foreign students in Lithuania an enjoyable and a memorable one.
Erasmus Student Network Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (ESN LSMU) is a society for everyone who wants to be involved in the Erasmus and International scene in LSMU. The Erasmus students are European Students studying in LSMU, and we organise regular events, trips and parties to help them make the most of their time here, and to enable Erasmus and non-Erasmus students to meet and get to know each other, and make their mobility a less stressful one.
- We also organise many socials and cultural events where you can get to know Erasmus and non-Erasmus Students and have fun!
- You can also come along to our tandem events whereby you will be paired with an Erasmus student or non-Erasmus student to practice your language.
- We will be organising trips within Lithuania and abroad for all the Students.
President: Andy F. Mahfouz
Vice President: Kate Fahlén
Treasurer: Andy F. Mahfouz
Communication Manager: Valentina Bunny Campaña Garcia
Mentors Coordinator: Granta Kleinauskaitė
HR Coordinator: Granta Kleinauskaitė
Events Manager: Johannes Yahya Kailani
Projects Manager: Katharina Hillejan