If you are planning scientific research (for bachelor or master thesis or other purposes) you should obtain the institutional approval granted by Bioethics Center at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences.
Algorithm of ethical review and granting the approval:
<> Prepare the application documents in written form (see below for details).
<> Submit the properly prepared, double-checked and signed application by email firstname.lastname@example.org or bring documents in paper to Bioethics Center office (see details in CONTACTS).
>>> Your application is being reviewed within 30 calendar days after registration.
Afterwards, when your documents are reviewed:
<> you will be informed on granted approval for your research project, or
<> you will be asked to edit, adjust or amend the application dependently on the reviewers’ comments or recommendations.
<> upon receiving the approval you may start your research study, data collection etc. (the copy of the approval will be sent by email upon your request).
The list of documents to be provided to the Bioethics Center:
1. The self-assessment form of student research (mandatory to all applicants). Available here (you can download, save and edit in your computer).
2. The copy of all research instruments (i.e. survey questionnaires, data collection forms, other sort of tests etc.).
3. The information sheet and consent forms (only if applicable to your type of research). See the sample of free template form here.
4. The permission of the head of institution (or head of clinics or department). See the sample of free template form here.
5. Other documents related to your research (for example, the CE certificate for medical devices, the qualification certificate, other necessary permissions or approvals from other internationals institutions if your study covers institutions out of Lithuania).
6. The copy of the official approval from other bioethics committee if you are involved in biomedical research.