National and international awards
Updated on 31 January 2020
- Dr. Giedrius Steponaitis, researcher at the Laboratory of Molecular Neurooncology of the Neuroscience Institute, for the project "The tool development for glioblastoma subtyping based on tumour molecular signature" (head prof. A.Tamašauskas) was awarded with the one-year scholarship according to the World Federation of Scientists National Scholarship Programme.
- Dr. Paulius Čižas, researcher of Laboratory of Biophysics and Bioinformatics of Neuroscience Institute, superviser of Gabija Jurkevičiūtė who got World Intelectual Property Organization award for the research work entitled "Impact of itaconic acid on neurons' viability".
- Prof. Arimantas Tamašauskas, head of the Department of Neurosurgery and director of Neuroscience Institute, - The Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas "Knight's Cross" for the merits to the Republic of Lithuania and international glorification of the Republic; awarded by the President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 6 July 2017.
- Dr. Adomas Bunevičius, senior researcher at the Laboratory of Clinical Research, Neuroscience Institute, - BrainLab Neurosurgery Award at the Congress of Neurological Surgeons in Boston, USA on 7-11 October 2017, for a neurosurgeon working outside the USA for the outstanding research on brain tumors.
- Dr. Silvija Jankevičiūtė, junior researcher at the Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute - "Art in Science" award for poster "Sky-blue snowdrop" exhibited in public areas in Lithuanian cities, 2014.
- Prof. Vilmantė Borutaitė, head of the Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute, - Osvalds Šmidebergs Medal of Latvian Society of Pharmacology, 2012.
- Prof. Adolfas Toleikis, prof. Vilmantė Borutaitė and prof. Vida Mildažienė, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute, - Science Award of Lithuania (2008) for the outstanding research “The mechanisms of response to stress and control of mitochondrial functions”.
- Dr. Rima Naginienė, senior researcher at the Laboratory of Toxicology of Neuroscience Institute, - Award of the Romanian Society for Magnesium Research, 2007.
- Dr. Rima Naginienė, researcher at the Laboratory of Toxicology, Neuroscience Institute, - Faustus Scientific Award, Austria, 2004.