Department of Sports Medicine
Department of Sports Medicine
Head of Department - Renata ŽUMBAKYTĖ-ŠERMUKŠNIENĖ, assoc. prof.
Department of Sports Medicine teaches students of the Medical Academy and Veterinary Academy.
Graduate study programs:
- First cycle of studies (bachelor degree): Oral Hygiene, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Food Sciences, Animal Husbandry Technology, Animal Science, Health Psychology, Veterinary Food Safety.
- Second cycle of studies (master degree): Health and Rehabilitation, Advanced Nursing Practice, Lifestyle Medicine, Nursing Leadership.
- Integrated studies: Medicine, Farmacy, Odontology, Veterinary Medicine.
- Third cycle of studies (PhD): Biology, Medicine, Nursing.
- Non-Degree Programs: Sports Medicine residency.
Lecturers supervise final theses of bachelor and master students, assist in the preparation of publications and abstracts for conferences. Also in Institute of Sport works SSS (Students’ Scientific Society) physiotherapy society (scientific supervisor dr. Agnė Slapšinskaitė).
More information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/201326079999500/
Since 2000 Department of Sports Medicine lecturers have published 4 textbooks and 8 educational books for students.
Currently the Department of Sports Medicine is participating in scientific research „Comprehensive physical health assessment from a multidisciplinary point of view“. 14 Department of Sports Medicine lecturers successfully have defended their doctoral thesis in period 2001-2016.
PARTICIPATION IN SCENTIFIC PROJECTS
Project “Upgrade of qualifications of the public health professionals and nursing staff contributing to the production of morbidity and mortality from major non-communicable diseases”, qualification improvement courses “Health improvement, promotion of healthy lifestyles, heart and vascular disease prevention”. No. VP1-1.1-SADM-10-V-01-007. 2009-2014 y.
Project “Arterial Hypotension Episodes Forecasting Technological innovation System Development“. No. VP1-3.1-ŠMM-10-V-02-003. 2013-2015 y.
Eureka project EDFAS “Distributed intelligence functional status assessment system for the elderly and disabled.” 2008-2012 y.
Eureka ITEA2 project GUARANTEE “Guardian Angel for extended home environment.” 2009-2011 y.
Interreg IVB project “ICT for Health – Strengthening social capacities for the utilisation of eHealth technologies in the framework of ageing population”. 2010-2012 y.
“PrimCareIT-Counteracting brain drain and professional isolation of health professionals in remote primary health care (PrimCareIT)”. 2011-2014 y.
- International conference “Exercise for health and rehabilitation”
- 2nd International conference “Exercise for health and rehabilitation”
- 3rd Scientific – Practical scientific conference “Exercise for health and rehabilitation”
- 3rd International Congress “Complex Systems in Medicine and Sport”.
- 4th Scientific - Practical Conference „Exercise for health and rehabilitation”.
PUBLICATIONS OF 2019
In the basic list of publications of the Clarivate Analytics Web of Science – 11.
In the editions referred to in international databases – 3.
In other peer-reviewed scientific publications (Lithuanian scientific journals, conference presentation materials) – 29.
Other methodological tools – 1.
HeartMath Institute, USA
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute of Sport, Germany
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Flensburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia
University of Barcelona (INEFC), Spain
KTU, Health Telematics Science Institute, Lithuania
KTU, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Lithuania
LUHS, Institute of Cardiology, Laboratory of Clinical Cardiology, Lithuania
Gymnasium of LUHS, Lithuania