Take care of your psychological health and get help online!
If you feel stressed, anxious, or lonely, you need someone to talk with, don’t wait any longer!
Book the most suitable time for you and let's meet online (via Facebook (messenger) or other) https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/LSMU2@lsmuni.lt/bookings/
Our psychologists are ready to help you!Jevgenij Razgulin: firstname.lastname@example.org, Rūta Lingytė: email@example.com
Take care of yours and others’ psychological health
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for you. Fear and anxiety about a disease and isolation can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.
Things you can do to support yourself:
- Acknowledge your feelings. In situations that are uncertain and evolving such as this, it’s understandable to feel fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones, also stressed, anxious, or upset, among other emotional reactions. Allow yourself time to notice and express what you’re feeling. This could be by writing them down in a journal, talking to others, doing something creative,
- You can also take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- You can do the Guided Body Scan Meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=figoOOXxn5s or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_sdaDwa2Ek
- Also, you can try Progressive Muscle Relaxation Training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihO02wUzgkc
- Keep your own daily routine and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Strengthen your immune system, eat healthy, well-balanced meals. Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Get plenty/enough of sleep.
- Be active during the daytime: do some study, read books and magazines, watch movies, especially those which you do not have time to watch otherwise.
- Visit online museum: https://hellogiggles.com/news/museums-with-virtual-tours/?fbclid=IwAR2J9KNbVnpD-doHtv1bV6fcmUL_upKAeoMPhFeXOk3cD0T9Se25AqrFiK0
- Study other languages.
- Give a rest to your eyes and brains regularly. Use less devices (computer, TV, phone), take breaks from watching, reading or listening.
- Exercise regularly. Take a walk or have a jog outdoors if it is possible. You can exercise at home or in outer space like parks or forests.
- Check information, the news (social media) about the COVID-19, just 2 times per day and from reliable/trustable sources. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly and from unreliable sources can be upsetting.
- Follow these Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) prevention recommendations for the public: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.
- Connect with others in a safe way (via phone, internet). Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Sharing the trustful facts about COVID-19 and understanding the actual risk to yourself and people you care about can make an outbreak less stressful. When you share accurate information about COVID-19 you can help make people feel less stressed and allow you to connect with them.
- People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms.
- Keep yourself updated, check the newest information from the university.
- If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like stress, sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, please contact our psychologists.
- If you suspect you are infected by coronavirus, and you are in Lithuania, call short number 1808.
- Keep calm and positive. Take a look to the bright side in every situation (however difficult it might be from the first sign)!
References and useful information:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) prevention recommendations for the public:
- Updates on the LSMU website: https://lsmuni.lt/en/front/news-and-events/,
- Study at LSMU: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Study.at.LSMU/posts/?ref=page_internal
- Information board for international students of LSMU: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1088354941256446/
- https://lrv.lt/ (please use translator of browser)