Scholarships, Grants and Loans
There are several scholarship schemes at LSMU available for all University students. Scholarships are awarded on a competition basis by combining academic performance and special criteria established for each scholarship.
A monthly scholarship equals 1.5 amount of the BSB – Basic Social Benefit (statistical indicator) in Lithuania. Awarded to best students based on their academic performance (study results) or best admission rate in case of first-year students. The pool allocated for incentive scholarships is proportionally distributed to faculties based on the number of studying students. More information can be found at LSMU Regulations of Awarding Incentive Scholarships.
Onetime incentive scholarship
Awarded to encourage successful students for being active in student, social, organizational, scientific, sports activities and high results achieved representing the University. The application shall be submitted to LSMU SA by the 10th day of the current month. The scholarship is up to 2 Basic Social Benefits and can be awarded no more than twice per semester.
In the event of the birth of a child, the death of a family member, or in the event of a natural disaster, the Incentive scholarship equal to 2 BSB can be awarded once per semester.
Application for a scholarship shall include documents confirming the student’s active participation at the University, child’s birth certificate, death certificate, etc.
Onetime incentive scholarship for the group monitor
The application shall be submitted to LSMU SA by the 10th day of the current month. Onetime scholarship granted to group and course monitors is up to ¾ of BSB. It can be awarded once per semester.
Application for a scholarship shall include the protocol of the election of the monitor of the group or course, which is completed every academic year or after the monitor changes during studies.
CHANCEN eG Income Share Agreement program
LSMU cooperates with CHANCEN eG, a social enterprise providing educational funding. The enterprise assists German, Swiss and Austrian citizens with tuition fees. CHANCEN eG Income Share Agreement program may be one of options for student self-funding. Follow the link for further information.
The nominal scholarship is a one-time or multiplex benefit established by the Lithuanian or foreign private or legal bodies and awarded to students for active student performance and other academic achievements in the defined field. Amount varies according to scholarship. Nominal scholarships are regulated by LSMU Regulations of Awarding Incentive Scholarships.
Nominal scholarships are awarded starting with the third semester of studies, as well as to the postgraduate students and residents. Competition is based on the academic criteria and criteria established by the founder. Nominal scholarships cannot be awarded to students, who have already been granted a scholarship from other sponsorship funds in the same academic year or incentive scholarships and onetime incentive scholarships.
Recent years nominal scholarships (subject to change over the time):
- International Excellence Scholarship (for students who are actively involved and have achieved great results in the fields of increasing the internationality of LSMU, creating a multicultural environment, as well as growing the awareness of LSMU abroad);
- Lithuanian Science Support Dr. Juozas and Birutė Skrinskai Fund (for students of the Faculty of Medicine);
- Vytenis Povilas Andriukaitis Scholarship (for the student of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Public Health);
- Juozas Olekas Scholarship (for a student of the Faculty of Medicine);
- JSC “Gintarinė vaistinė” Scholarship (for the 4th and 5th-year students of the Faculty of Pharmacy)
- JSC “MED GRUPĖ” Scholarship (for a student of the Odontology programme at the Faculty of Odontology)
- Veterinary Pharmacy Association Scholarship (for a student of the Veterinary Medicine study programme at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine).
Lithuanian State scholarships for full-time Master’s degree or integrated studies
Call for applications for full-time master’s degree or integrated studies at Lithuanian higher education institutions is now OPEN!
Education Exchanges Support Foundation is opening a Call for applications for 50 Lithuanian state scholarships for full-time Master’s degree or integrated studies (a part which is equal to Master’s degree studies) at Lithuanian higher education institutions for the year 2022. Funding under the Call will be provided to the citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, China, Georgia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Moldova, Ukraine and foreigners of Lithuanian origin from non-EU and EFTA countries:
• A monthly scholarship and a grant covering the study cost is offered to citizens of:
Ukraine (30 grants); Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, foreign citizens of Lithuanian origin, Moldova, (15 grants altogether);
• A monthly scholarship is offered to citizens of China, Israel, Japan, South Korea (5 grants altogether).
A monthly scholarship is equal to 420 euros. The grant covering the study cost is limited to and cannot be higher than the national standard study cost.
Official website for Lithuanian State scholarships for full-time studies: https://studyin.lt/scholarships/full-time-master-degree-studies/