PreMedical (PreMed) course aims to prepare applicants for undergraduate Medicine, Odontology, Veterinary Medicine or Pharmacy programmes by offering students general Biology and general Chemistry classes and seminars.
New courses for year 2022
online distance course
Structure of the course
- Legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English)
- Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory
- Good grades in Biology and Chemistry would be an advantage
- All applicants should apply online and provide all the documents
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below “Legalization of Educational Documents")
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry
- Certificate proving the knowledge of English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar.
- Brief CV
- Passport or ID copy
- One passport-type photograph (3x4 cm)
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable)
Application online dates to be announced soon
The PreMed course tuition fee (2022 academic year) – 2200 EUR
The tuition fee covers:
- Online attendance of scheduled classes and seminars led by qualified university teachers;
- use of the university library during the course;
- testing of acquired knowledge and skills via final test, according to the teaching plan;
- the final test is accepted as an entrance test to LSMU.
The tuition fee should be paid within 14 days after signing the Study Contract.
Structure of the Exam
The exam consists of multiple-choice tests (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry based on the programme and is given in English.
Why Lithuanian University of Health Sciences?
Student support system:
- psychological counselling
Jalin Lara Moehlenbrock, New Zealand:
The LSMU PreMed course I participated in was an excellent way to get to know some of the students and teachers. Overall, the course helped me prepare in basic Chemistry and Biology. The teachers were excellent in helping with problems and explaining more complex tasks. I thoroughly enjoyed the duration of the course due to the friendly nature and passionate work ethic of the teachers.
So the PreMed course was great. I liked how both the teachers had quizzes. I liked how in Biology we got tested after going through the presentations. I loved in Chemistry that in the middle of the presentations the teacher asked what she just explained. Made it clearer what we were going through. I appreciated that all the materials was there for us to read on our own. I liked the calendar. Helped me keep track of my progress and how much was left. Overall very satisfied with the course.
Very interesting and informative course. The Lecturers were extremely helpful and friendly. Would 100% recommend! I had so much fun on PreMed online class and have learnt so many new things that have only encouraged me to be a doctor even more than before. Thank you to everyone!
Maksim from Portugal
I liked the course because it was useful to learn more deeply about organic chemistry, as well as I could better understand biology.
I recommend the course indeed because we can prepare better to the final PreMed exam. I liked a lot the teachers, they are very helpful and attentive, as well as the people who are behind the course, who are helping a lot the students after the final PreMed exam.
To sum up I’d definitely recommend this PreMed course at LSMU.
Dianca from Dominica
The LSMU, 2-month PreMed course was useful, fun and the perfect way to get to know prospective students and LSMU faculty. The course information was wonderfully relayed by the professors - with a perfect mixture of the relative content and its connections to practical medicine. I especially appreciated how much practice we got along the way with small quizzes and tests that solidified our understanding of the content. I would recommend this course for anyone who simply wants to boost their understanding of the sciences before heading to medical school.
Charles from UK
First, some feedback to the PreMed course. The teaching was excellent – the professors are great at getting the best out of people, they were always on hand to provide feedback and help with questions if asked, and I think that they are a real asset. Distance learning and the Moodle platform worked well together, and I particularly enjoyed the use of interactive resources. I enjoyed preparing and giving presentations and I thought that aspect of the biology module worked particularly well. Overall, the pre-medicine course met my aims, which was to refresh my knowledge of biology and chemistry in preparation for further study. I would thoroughly recommend it to other students.