Application to the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) for full-time degree studies
This Guide is designed to assist students and recruiting agencies during the application process. We recommend you to read the Guide before starting your application for admission at LSMU. Applications for all study programmes in English shall be done online.
For your benefit:
- No application fee for the first review of your application and feedback on eligibility;
- Feedback within 72 hours from submission of application;
- Three options available to sit an entrance examination of LSMU. For exemptions from the entrance test see NOTE 1 below;
- Possibility to sit entrance test online bu choosing the acceptable time from the entrance exam schedulle;
- Results of the entrance examination are provided and eligible applicants are offered a study place at LSMU on the next day after the entrance examination.
NOTE 1: Applicants are exempted from the entrance test of the LSMU - please see the Admision menu item 'Exemptions from Entrance Exam'
Period of Entrance examination starts
Applicants are recommended to apply as early as possible. Applications submitted after the deadline could be considered in case of academic place availability in a certain degree programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE APPLICATION SYSTEM
Go to https://apply.lsmuni.lt and start with ‘Become an applicant’ or https://lsmuni.lt/en/study-at-lsmu/degree-studies/ - ‘APPLY NOW!’ After completion of this step, your personal account will be created and you will receive an applicant’s code, which provides you access to the application form.
Step 2. FILL UP AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM ONLINE
Log in using your code and start up filling the application form online. You may save the data at any time and continue later. This applies both to the information entered into the text fields and to uploaded electronic copies of documents (see ‘Items to be uploaded’). Application system will check automatically your application and reveal the incomplete issues. After completion of application form, please, do not forget to click on SUBMIT, because only SUBMITTED applications will be considered by the University.
Items to be uploaded
Application for the integrated and bachelor’s degree study programmes:
1. Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate authenticated by the governmental institutions. If you are to graduate after the application deadline, please, provide an official letter including your most recent academic results. The letter shall be signed by the school authorities;
2. Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology study programme - Mathematics and General Biology;
Application for master’s degree study programmes:
1-A. Bachelor’s Degree Diploma (university’s level) approved by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents"). Study programme shall be related to the one you apply for Master’s Degree.
2-A. Transcript of Academic Records provided directly from the origin university;
NOTE 2: All education certificates shall be provided in original language plus the authorized English translation, if necessary;
Education documents shall be legalized in the following way:
- If you acquired your education in the member countries of the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, India, the United States of America, Australia, Venezuela, etc.), you should present your education documents with an affixed Apostille;
- If you acquired your education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.), your education documents should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular department of the country where education was acquired;
3. Score Reports on the SAT, BMAT, MCAT, IMAT, NEET Subject Tests in Chemistry (for Medical Psychology - Mathematics) and Biology, if available;
4. Certificate proving the knowledge of English language; If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of English language (TOEFL, IELTS, B2 Level ‘Independent user’ by CEFR or adequate), you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The test of English language will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry.
5. Motivation letter;
6. Passport or ID;
7. Passport-type photograph (white background).
Step 3. WAIT FOR THE UNIVERSITY’S FEEDBACK
The submitted application will be reviewed and you will get a feedback within 72 hours after submission of the application. Feedback will be forwarded to your email or you may log in to your personal application form and check the feedback. Positive feedback means that you are eligible to continue application at LSMU and sit the entrance examination. If you are not eligible to continue application at LSMU, feedback will provide the reasons of ineligibility.
Step 4. PAY APPLICATION FEE
Once you have received a positive feedback, you are requested to continue application procedure and pay application fee 150 EUR. Application system of the University will automatically issue the invoice for application fee payment.
Once the payment received, your application will be proceeded.
In case you didn’t received on-line invoice, you may use the following bank details:
Beneficiary's bank: AB SEB Bank, Vilnius, Lithuania
SWIFT: CBVI LT 2X
Beneficiary's account No.: LT09 7044 0600 0290 5377
Beneficiary: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
Payment code: P6181
Step 5. CHOOSE THE OPTION HOW TO PROCEED WITH ADMISSION AT LSMU
Choose ONE from the following three options:
Option 1. To sit LSMU’s entrance examination online during the application period, i.e., from 15 January till 15 July. Check for the schedule of online entrance examinations at https://lsmuni.lt/en/
Option 2. To provide the Score Reports of SAT, BMAT, MCAT, IMAT, NEET Subject Tests in Chemistry (for Medical Psychology - Mathematics) and Biology (see the table NOTE 1 above).
The University’s registration code at the College Board is 7210.
Go to Step 7.
Option 3.1. If you have successfully pursued studies in biomedical field at any other accredited university and were awarded a Bachelor Degree, you may skip the LSMU’s entrance examination. Courses completed during the previous studies, could be validated after the precise checking of curriculum.
Option 3.2. Other exemptions from the entrance test are provided in NOTE 1.
Go to Step 7.
Step 6. IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION 1 – TO SIT THE LSMU’s ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Entrance examination shall be completed until 15 July.
Entrance examination is composed of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry (20 questions each). The applied curriculum is the same as used in a senior secondary (high) school. The structure of the test is similar to the SAT Subject Tests. If needed, the test of English language will be given after Biology and Chemistry test. Results of the entrance examination are provided and eligible applicants are offered a study place at LSMU on the next day after the entrance examination. Based on the results of entrance examination, applicants are assigned to the following groups:
Go to Step 7
CONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER
Follow the directions given by the admission officer and wait for status ‘OFFER LETTER’
No decision will be taken before 1 July. You are competing with other applicants according to the results of your entrance examination. As higher is your score as more chances you have to be enrolled. For more details, please, consult with admission officer.
NOT ELIGIBLE - FAILED
End of application process. Your knowledge is not sufficient to enter LSMU. We recommend you to improve your knowledge and try next year or search for another university.
Step 7. OFFER LETTER (Options 1, 2, 3.1, 3.2)
If you completed the above-mentioned procedures successfully and received the Offer Letter to study at LSMU, please, CONSIDER THE TERMS PROVIDED HEREIN and inform the University if you accept the Offer or not. In case of a positive answer, registration fee of 250 EUR shall be paid to the University’s account (see Offer Letter for the bank details). Status of the applicant will be changed into ACCEPTED after reception of registration fee payment.
Step 8. SIGN A STUDY CONTRACT, PAY A DEPOSIT AND A FIRST-YEAR TUITION FEE
Study Contracts will be issued to all applicants who accepted University’s Offer and paid registration fee 250 EUR. Copy of the signed Study Contract shall be uploaded to the personal file of online application. Deposit of 1000 EUR (non-refundable) shall be paid till the stated deadline. First-year tuition fee shall be paid following the terms and conditions of the Study Contract.
Step 9. APPLY FOR A LITHUANIAN NATIONAL VISA D (IF APPLICABLE)
Depending on the citizenship you possess, the entrance visa could be required. Please, check the list of countries at http://keliauk.urm.lt/en/entry-to-lithuania/visas/list-of-countries-whose-citizens-do-not-require-visas-to-enter-the-republic-of-lithuania the citizens of which need a visa to enter Lithuania. In case you do not need any visa, simply skip this Step and move to the next Step.
National visa (D) is granted through the mediation of the University at student’s expenses. Mediation letters for visa application will be issued by the University (online procedure) in case all the above-mentioned Steps are successfully completed. Application for a national visa (D) shall be submitted to the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Lithuania. Visa D will enable you to enter Lithuania and start studies at University legally.
Step 10. WELCOME AT LSMU!
REGISTER FOR STUDIES during the August and come to the REGISTRATION WEEK AT LSMU.
Student shall choose online the date and time of final registration at University.
During the REGISTRATION WEEK students shall appear at University and present the originals of all available education documents, health certificate, two hard copies of signed Study Contract, passport-type photograph (white background).
During the REGISTRATION WEEK University’s representatives will provide you all necessary information about studies and timetables, and will describe the first steps of a freshmen inside the University’s campus.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact the admission officer at LSMU:
Ms. RŪTA ANTANAITIENĖ
Phone: +37037327259, +37065290747
Address: A. Mickevičiaus str. 9, Kaunas LT-44307, Lithuania